Keeping our skills up to date
Recently at Kiddies Dental Care we undertook some essential training – Medical Emergencies in a Dental Practice.
The course provided by Cynergex, specialist training providers to the Dental Industry, covered basic and advanced life support.
We learnt about:
- Threat assessment allowing the identification of the most likely medical emergencies in the dental practice
- The latest scientific developments underpinning medical practice in emergencies
- Basic life support (CPR and Use of Defibrillators)
- Use of advanced airway techniques and equipment
- Drug therapy in anaphylaxis, asthma, hypoglycaemia and cardiac conditions
Whilst we know that it is very unlikely that we will ever need these skills, it’s reassuring for all to know that in the event that we do, we’ve had the best possible training! It wasn’t all hard work though…there was a fabulous lunch too!